top of page



"Does iCann Insure write policies for other types of businesses that might not be shown on the web page?"

iCann Insure provides insurance to many types of businesses, both plant-touching and otherwise. If you own a garden/grow shop, a smoke or vape shop, a special events company, a consumption lounge, a packaging company, a tech solutions company... or if you are a prescribing physician, nutraceuticals or supplement company or alternate industry supporting business, we have coverage options for you. 

We understand that the cannabis and industrial hemp industries are emerging markets with new products and services materializing daily.  If you do not see your product or service listed here, that is ok. We are highly skilled in matching our clients with appropriate insurance carriers.


Please call us today to discuss your specific needs. 

General Liability Insurance

General Liability insurance is a broad form of insurance coverage, applicable to most businesses, that protects against both bodily injury and property damage liability claims arising out of premises, operations, products and completed operations, and advertising and personal injury. Even if a claim is put to rest, the legal defense costs involved to do so can be devastating. Therefore, it is important to maintain proper General Liability coverage that includes defense, should the need arise. It is not uncommon for this coverage to be required by landlords, as well as the State or municipality.

Excess Liability Insurance

Excess Liability insurance can provide additional liability limits over and above those of the underlying general liability policy.

Property Insurance

Property insurance protects an insured for loss of covered property or loss of income resulting from damage to covered property. This includes both Real Property (buildings), Business Personal Property (stocked product, machinery, office equipment, etc.), as well as cannabis inventory. Examples include: fire, theft, vandalism, wind/hail, smoke, water/sewer back-up, along with many others.

Available Endorsements: Accounts Receivable, Employee Dishonesty, Money & Securities, Property in Transit, Property Off-Premises, Spoilage

Equipment Breakdown

Business Income & Extra Expense

Equipment Breakdown insurance covers a loss due to mechanical or electrical breakdown of nearly any type of equipment. Coverage applies to the cost incurred to repair or replace the damaged equipment or property caused by the equipment breakdown.


This line of coverage also includes Business Income & Extra Expense insurance, which covers the loss of net income suffered by a business when damages, due to a covered event, have been sustained. This coverage helps replace lost income and make the business whole again.

Workers Compensation

Workers Compensation is a form of insurance that is required by law in many states, which provides compensation to employees who have been injured at work or who have contracted an occupational disease. Workers compensation is available for all cannabis class codes and is available in all legal cannabis states.

Insurance is available in all states where hemp, CBD, medical and/or recreational marijuana is legal: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Utah, Washington, and West Virginia.

Cultivation, Processing, Intellectual Property / R&D, Manufacturing, Laboratory Testing, Distribution, Transportation, Dispensary & Provisioning

The Cannabis Industry's Choice for Insurance

bottom of page